Friday, May 19, 2017

CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up Card Challenges

Can you believe it!  Two days in a row!  

I finished a card yesterday that works perfectly for the CAS Watercolour Challenge and the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.  I'm really starting to enjoy doing more water coloring!



This is probably one of my best to-date water color cards!  I used a NBUS stamp set from Altenew called Garden Treasure.  I stamped the flowers and leaves in versamark and heat embossed with white.  Then I used some Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils to add bits of color to the blooms.  After coloring with the pencils, I used a Silver brush to move the color around a bit.  To get the splashed background, I simply wet my brush and flicked it over the point of the pencil.  Too cool! I trimmed the finished piece down to 4 x 5.5 inches and mounted with craft foam over a pink card base.  The sentiment is stamped in Versafine Black and is from SSS Uplifting Thoughts.  A few sequins sprinkled around and it was complete!


Also from my NBUS stack, was this marbling layer stamp from Waffle Flower.  I struggled a bit getting the pieces lined up, but I still think it turned out okay. I mounted the marbled piece over gray card stock, then added a strip across the top with foam tape.  I used foil paper to add a stripe over the dark gray strip and then die cut the oval from the shiny foil paper to add a sentiment.  I heat embossed the sentiment on the shiny foil oval...and I can tell you...It is NOT easy.  Even using an embossing buddy, that embossing powder stuck to everything!  I finally got one that looked "okay"....

That's all for me today....As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your watercoloring is beautiful, Susan! I love the colors in your "garden"! Love the simplicity of the marbled card too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

Wow ... your watercolour card is STUNNING, Susan. Love the soft colours with the white embossing. Really beautiful. The splatters are just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour. Your card is also eligible for CAS Mix Up as well, where the challenge this month is splattering. :) Hope you'll join us.

Love your second card with marble stamp. It looks like real marble. Perfect colours. Your shiny oval with embossed sentiment turned out great. Metal card stock seems to have "extra" static. Great job!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercoloured flowers, Susan. Your colors are so pretty and love how you added your splatters. TFS your marbled card too...very elegant design. So pleased you joined us at CAS Watercolour and hopefully you add your card to CAS Mix Up too. Hugs..

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the water colouring card it's so very pretty.and your foil card is lovely even though you had problems with it.
Faith
x

Sue said...

Superb watercolouring, Susan! This is gorgeous and the sentiment is lovely.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up too! Hope you are doing well. It's always good to see you post!

Robyn Oliver said...

Beautiful cards Susan, first one so pretty

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful watercoloring on your florals Susan - love the mix of colors on your splatter and that lovely sentiment! thanks for joining us in the Cas Mix up Challenge! Julia xx

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Gorgeous card Susan. I really love the layout of your flowers and your watercolouring is so beautiful. How clever to have added the foil too. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails